Modern World.
Thursday, October 08, 2009
 
Today is the day I finally have the chance to recollect on what had happened last week.

Went for a trip to Taiwan and had lots of fun with Eric and Darren. We ate, shopped, clubbed, sight-see, cam-whored, and had fantastic Taiwanese delicacies throughout the whole seven days. There was so much to see and explore but Taipei is not for any lazy person who just prefers laying down and bask in the sun during a vacation (or perhaps we did not explore the more beauty spots of the country). Instead, you find noise, garbage, city lights all over the streets at night, with random groups of people being rowdy. This is the city life. The kind of adventurous lifestyle that some yearn - Chinese food at 2 am, yellow taxis at any time of the day and the efficient metro line. I love it. I love the fact that it's not perfect. Like any other busy cities, there's bound to be some undesirable, unethical even, activities looming at the corner of the street or at some secluded alley. It's exciting! It's PG-13 fun. It's fantastic.

Shopping was my primary objective there - hence the ridiculous spending that is evident from my crazy credit card bills and cashless new Bottega Veneta wallet upon my arrival back in Singapore. But I spent most of the money on stuff for my family: an Adidas jacket for my Dad, a real pretty Coach handbag for Mum, some boots for Da Jie, a tote school-bag for Er Jie and another Adidas jacket for Joan. For myself, just a simple BV wallet, lots of T shirts, a RICOH Professional GR DIGITAL III, and some other miscellaneous expenses.

Seriously, I've exhausted a lot of funds for this trip. How am I suppose to support another trip to Taiwan again, during Christmas period?! Geez.

Anyways, I'll try and upload some fantastic photos I took with my Pro Cam. Some other time when I'm really free.

All things aside, the reason why I only had the time to type this post is because for the past few days, I've been attending my grand-uncle's funeral service. He passed away the night I returned at about 1-2am on 3 October 2009. He was brought home to receive further treatment after the docs gave a very bleak account of his recovery. We wanted to administer Chinese medicine instead but because of the high content of antibiotics in his system, we had to wait for the medicine to wear off before we can feed him the Chinese medicine.

Still, it didn't work out for him. The funeral took place over a span of five days and finally ended yesterday evening. Everybody was exhausted from the grieving, late nights and ensuring the best care for my uncle during the whole cause of this funeral.

Honestly I'm too tired to write now, good night..
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
December 2005 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / November 2007 / June 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / July 2009 / August 2009 / September 2009 / October 2009 / October 2011 / April 2013 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]