Modern World.
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
 
It was TC Quarter Event 2006 yesterday.
Fantastic experience.
Everyone put in incredibly large amounts of sweat, pain and blood into this major, annual event.


I was really impressed with the standards of our year two seniors.
Meticulous planning though there were some flops which could have been further improved.


However, despite all the rehearsals we had, we managed to enter the stage with a wrong scene, wrong lines and stone and stammer on stage for like 6 seconds before regaining conscious of what's happening on stage. I realised something was wrong as soon as I felt I had read that line before and I just blanked out, totally lost as to what to do and how to turn the situation over.



Screwed.



Heng Pei quickly remembered her line and we continued from there. It was a rather lame part. Gosh, I don't want to keep mentioning my folly during the skit, it just..!! argh!



Okie, then after everything, we had a debrief whereby Beryl started crying, followed by Stephanie, then Hazel, then Wanteng then Ellie. From the way they thank each other in all the help received, you can see they really mean it, from the bottom of their hearts. It's hard to believe we made it when everyone is the club is willing and able to give a 110% in whatever things we need to do, juggling heavy school work and other outside commitments at the same time too.



I salute to my beloved, respectable seniors.



I want to thank He Yuan, Beryl and Alia for helping me through the skit. Teaching me expressions, how to be more funny and apt stage presence. Without them, the skit will be plain and really not impressive at all. I love you guys! Thanks!!!




Okie, so much for QE.



Today was kinda like a pon-nable day.
Had PE that was like so slack followed by lessons that were not that important.

30th Student Council Investiture

Witnessing this grand, formal event with all TJCians is an unforgettable moment. Once again, I'm wow-ed by the SC's effort in the stage performances, the walking all around the audi, and basically everything. The handing over of President Book, Council Badges etc. were made a big issue and I was truly experiencing something different. Never in my life had I went through ceremonies as such. It was an excellent speech made by the newly elected president, Stephanie Sim (I think), and I think she has the poise and all of a president.


I believe, the video awakened poignant memories of office term for the 29th batch.

I just love TJC, now more than ever. I'm glad, extremely glad that I'm here.


With Passion, Purpose & Drive, TJC, The Future. Now.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
December 2005 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / November 2007 / June 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / July 2009 / August 2009 / September 2009 / October 2009 / October 2011 / April 2013 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]